Flavorful Chicken Marinara for Two
Flavorful chicken boasts a creamy filling in this suppertime standout. —Danielle Rogers, Greer, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope garlic-herb soup mix, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast half, leaving meat attached on one side. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 teaspoons soup mix until blended. Stuff into chicken pockets; secure with toothpicks. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the water, oil and remaining soup mix; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Divide pasta between two small baking dishes. Top with chicken and marinara sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 594 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 1547mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 48g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Marinara in Cooking for 2 Premiere 2005
Jul 16, 2011
I love this recipe, and make it often. I've received many compliments on it. The soup mix gives a wonderful flavor, and the herb cream cheese in the center is the perfect touch.