When my mom passed away, I went through her cookbooks to find the favorite recipes she prepared for our family gatherings. These tasty carrots were one of them.—Kathryn Gleason, Unadilla, New York
Recommended: Our Most Delicious Carrot Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 cups sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and place carrots in a bowl; add green pepper and onion.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, salt, lemon peel and pepper until smooth. Pour over vegetables; gently stir to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Flavorful Carrots in Country Woman September/October 2001, p35