Flavorful Beef Stew
This tasty and rich beef stew creates a thick sauce that goes great with bread. I find it much easier to prepare than on the stovetop or in the oven.—jackitt, Taste of Home Online Community,
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- Place mushrooms, potatoes, carrots, onion and celery in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Add to slow cooker.
- Combine the broth, teriyaki sauce, garlic and bay leaf; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 202 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 745mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Crockpot Beef Stew in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.