Flavorful Beef in Gravy
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add beef and toss to coat. In a skillet, brown beef in oil.
- Transfer beef to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the soups, milk and soup mix. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Serve with noodles or potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 284 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 818mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 12, 2014
My family loves this recipe
Jun 17, 2014
I made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubes. No need to brown the chicken. Substituted with cream of chicken soup but still used cream of celery soup. Served over seasoned mashed potatoes. Not a big slow cooker fan but this may just change my mind some. It was really good with tons of flavor.
Jul 23, 2013
I love slow cooker meals and this one was so easy and inexpensive to make. Loved it.
Jan 18, 2012
Very good...I had less than 3lbs meat so I omitted one of the 2 COMs
Feb 25, 2011
I have made this very easy recipe multiple times. Everyone finds it yummy, including the kids.
Apr 4, 2010
I made this dish for my family when it was published in 2002...eight years later, it's still one of my most requested dishes! It's so creamy, flavorful and comforting! I want to go make it again right now... :)