Flavored Mocha Drink Mix Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups powdered nondairy creamer
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- Dash salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Divide mixture in half. Stir in vanilla to one portion and almond extract to the other. Store in airtight containers in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 14-16 batches (7-8 batches vanilla mocha mix; 7-8 batches almond mocha mix), about 3 cups total.
- 2. To prepare beverage: Dissolve about 3 tablespoons mix in water; stir well. Top with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 1 serving per batch.
3 tablespoons: 105 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Flavored Mocha Drink Mix
"I just tried this--and, boy, what a disappointing recipe! Although I cut it in half, it was a waste of the products used. The final result was undrinkable. I dissolved 3 tablespoons in 3/4 cup boiling water and the taste was horrible, excessively strong. I can only think the author accidentally confused amounts or something like that. This is an atrocious drink. Try it at your own peril!"