Flash-In-The-Pan Pepper Steak
My husband and I are big stir-fry fans, and this simple recipe is one we turn to often.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 small green pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic in butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meat is no longer pink. Add the broth and soy sauce; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the tomato, snow peas and paprika; cook 30 seconds longer. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 333 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 880mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 42g protein.
Originally published as Flash-In-The-Pan Pepper Steak in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips