Flash-In-The-Pan Pepper Steak
My husband and I are big stir-fry fans, and this simple recipe is one we turn to often.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 small green pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic in butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meat is no longer pink. Add the broth and soy sauce; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the tomato, snow peas and paprika; cook 30 seconds longer. Serve over rice.