Dried, flavorful herbs and a few minutes of broiling bring out the delicious juices and flavors in this steak, created by our Test Kitchen. In a short amount of time, this great entree can be on your table tonight!
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Dash dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash dried basil
- 1 beef flank steak (1/2 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; brush over both sides of steak. Place in a shallow dish; cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Thinly slice across the grain.