- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 cup for serving. Add oil and ginger to the remaining orange sauce; pour into a large resealable bag. Add the flank steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, warm reserved orange sauce until heated through. Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with orange sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFlank Steak with Orange Sauce
"Loved this recipe! I cooked it on the outdoor grill instead of under the broiler."
"Was not impressed by this at all. I don't think the orange and honey go well with flank steak. Not very good flavor. For flank steak I much prefer quick Cooking's recipe for "Tender Flank Steak" from Gayle Bucknam. Definitely will not be making this one again."