Flank Steak with Couscous Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 2 packages (5.8 ounces each) roasted garlic and olive oil couscous
- 3/4 cup diced roasted sweet red pepper, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1. Preheat broiler. Mix first five ingredients; rub over steak. Place on a broiler pan.
- 2. Broil 2-3 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°), 6-8 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions. Stir in red pepper. Slice steak thinly across the grain; drizzle with dressing. Serve with couscous. Yield: 4 servings.
Health Tip: Nix the couscous mix to cut almost 750mg of sodium per serving. Cook plain couscous in water, then add roasted garlic and a drizzle of olive oil.
1 serving: 587 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 1445mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.