Flank Steak Stir-Fry Recipe
Tender strips of flank steak share the stage with julienned carrot and red pepper, fresh mushrooms and broccoli florets in this full-flavored feast for two. For traditional accompaniments to a stir-fry, consider hot tea and fortune cookies. O serve with fresh cubed fruit and orange sherbet for dessert.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound beef flank steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned carrot
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce and pepper until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, stir-fry the beef, broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper, carrot and ginger in oil until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir broth mixture; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 269 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Flank Steak Stir-Fry
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2016
"Loved this recipe."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC