Flank Steak Sandwiches
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium red onion, thickly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 French rolls, split
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the onion, wine, soy sauce, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2-1/2 teaspoons garlic, mustard and ginger. Pour 1-3/4 cups into a shallow dish; add steak, turn to coat and cover. Pour remaining marinade into another shallow dish resealable; add the peppers and onion, turn to coat and cover. Refrigerate both for 3 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from steak. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- 3. Drain and discard marinade from vegetables. Place in a grill basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 9-11 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the pepper, and remaining oil and garlic; brush over cut sides of rolls. Place cut side down on grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5. Thinly slice steak across the grain; place on bun bottoms. Top with vegetables and bun tops. Serve immediately.
1 each: 479 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 933mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Jul 17, 2010
This is the best one! Everyone loves it and I don't know how may people I have passed it on to.
May 25, 2010
Amazing!! The marinade is delish! I will use the marinade to make just grilled veggies. Great flavor. The sandwiches were great, and we will eat this again and again!