- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 beef flank steak (1-3/4 pounds)
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- In bowl, toss the mushrooms, butter and dry stuffing mix. Spread over steak to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string. Place in a slow cooker.
- Prepare gravy mix according to package directions; add onions and wine or broth. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Strain cooking juices and thicken if desired. Remove string from roll-up; slice and serve with gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFlank Steak Roll-Up
"easy and tasty! I followed the recipe exactly except I could not find flank steak and used top round. It came out of the package in two pieces and so, lacking string, I stitched it together with skewers and toothpicks. So I made some slings out of heavy duty foil for ease of lifting out of the pot. It was perfectly done in 8 hours on LOW. I will definitely make this again!"
"Excellent & Outstanding! I butterflied the flank steak to make it easier to get all the stuffing in & to roll it up. Also added chopped garlic, celery, onions & water chestnuts to the stuffing. I doubled the gravey and used beef broth to make the gravey instead of water. Seasoned the rolled flank steak w/garlic & pepper before baking it. bake uncovered @ 350 degrees for 1 hour, baste a few times during cooking. The flank steak was done perfectly, medium rare-medium. My Family thought it was absolutely Fantastic and I will definately make this again!!!"