Flank Steak Roll-Up
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 beef flank steak (1-3/4 pounds)
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- In bowl, toss the mushrooms, butter and dry stuffing mix. Spread over steak to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Prepare gravy mix according to package directions; add onions and wine. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Strain cooking juices and thicken if desired. Remove string from roll-up; slice beef and serve with gravy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 3, 2013
Easy and tasty! I followed the recipe exactly except I could not find flank steak and used top round. It came out of the package in two pieces and so, lacking string, I stitched it together with skewers and toothpicks. So I made some slings out of heavy duty foil for ease of lifting out of the pot. It was perfectly done in 8 hours on LOW. I will definitely make this again!
Mar 3, 2011
Excellent & Outstanding! I butterflied the flank steak to make it easier to get all the stuffing in & to roll it up. Also added chopped garlic, celery, onions & water chestnuts to the stuffing. I doubled the gravey and used beef broth to make the gravey instead of water. Seasoned the rolled flank steak w/garlic & pepper before baking it. Bake uncovered @ 350 degrees for 1 hour, baste a few times during cooking. The flank steak was done perfectly, medium rare-medium. My Family thought it was absolutely Fantastic and I will definately make this again!!!