- 8 bacon strips
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- CREAM CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Place bacon strips on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until partially cooked.
- Meanwhile, cut steak horizontally from a long side to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open meat so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic. Place spinach over steak to within 1 in. of edges; top with red peppers.
- With the grain of the meat going from left to right, roll up jelly-roll style. Wrap bacon strips around beef; secure with toothpicks. Slice beef across the grain into eight slices.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Discard toothpicks.
- In a small saucepan, combine cream cheese, milk, butter and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat just until smooth (do not boil). Stir in blue cheese. Serve with pinwheels. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFlank Steak Pinwheels
"This is pretty easy to do and very tasty. We've made variations on this idea and they are all yummy!"
"this recipe is definately a winner! The only thing I have to remember when having guests to serve this to is 'do you like blue cheese?' And even if the answer is no, a garlic/herb butter to melt on top tastes fantastic as well! Highly recommend this dish!"
"Wonderful recipe. My family and guests loved it. It's a definite keeper!"
"I made this recipe with a boneless leg of lamb roast. It was absolutely delicious. I will definitely make this again."