- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds beef flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 8 to 10 flour tortillas (7 to 8 inches)
- Sour cream, salsa and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Place beef in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, chili powder, cumin and salt; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Stir in red and green peppers. Cook 1 hour longer or until meat and peppers are tender. Thicken juices if desired.
- Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; fold sides over filling. Serve with sour cream, salsa and cheese if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forFlank Steak Fajitas
"Delicious had great flavor but I would definitely marinated overnight"
"@ShotofJager, if your meat was tough then you did not either have enough juices in your crock pot or cook on low for a long enough period of time. I have cooked every type of meat possible in my crockpot and had the toughest of meats come out perfectly tender. I cannot wait to try out this recipe although I am going to add some onions and fresh lime juice!"
"Great flavor! The steak was very tender and just melted in your mouth. I used a can of diced tomatoes (w/no chilies) and no peppers. We skipped the tortillas and served over bed of Romaine lettuce w/shredded cheese and sour cream. I will definitely make this again!!"
"the steak fell apart at the end. there were no strips of steak to even make a fajita. The steak stayed tough, never got tender. Do do not make this crock pot recipe. I did and threw it away!"