The attractive pie, with its fresh fruit flavor and flaky crust, is my mom's signature dessert. She has perfected the recipe over the years. Served with a dollop of whipped cream, this is a dessert you'll serve again and again. -Daria Burcar Rochester, Michigan
Recommended: Top 10 Pie Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 4 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon milk, divided
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 to 1-1/2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- In a bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine 4 teaspoons milk and water; gradually add to crumb mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2-in. beyond edge of plate; flute edge of pastry. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 7 minutes longer. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and remaining milk until smooth. Spread over the bottom of crust; arrange strawberries over the top.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Chill until partially set. Pour over berries. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Strawberry Pie in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p35
Reviews forFlaky Strawberry Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2014
"I am not a fan of regular strawberry pie, but I really enjoy this recipe. I love the cream cheese filling, and it so nicely complements the berries. Delicious!"