Keeping the biscuit mix on hand makes it easy to stir up a batch of these tender Italian biscuits. Spread them with butter…or omit the Italian seasoning and serve them with honey. —Tami Christman, Soda Springs, Idaho
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups Biscuit Baking Mix
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a small bowl, mix biscuit baking mix and Italian seasoning; stir in cream just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 biscuits.
Originally published as Flaky Italian Biscuits in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p55