- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed and drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture ensembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate.
- In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients; pour into crust. Roll out the remaining pastry; cut out decorative shapes with cookie cutters. Place over filling.
- Bake 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil. Bake 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forFlaky Bumbleberry Pie
"used pastry from another recipe but filling is excellenteasy to makeused lattice cutter and sprinkled with sugar for the top!"
"Very, very good pie. Have taken it to a potluck twice and both times, it was the first dessert to go. I sprinkled shimmer white sugar (decorator's sugar) on top before baking - as it appears in the picture with this recipe. This pie makes a beautiful presentation as well as being one of the best fruit pies ever!"
"THIS IS THE BEST pie! My husband and I had it in BC, Canada years ago and then we saw the recipe in this magazine from the restaurant where we had it. When ever I make it all want the recipe and LOVE it. You must make it!!!"