Flaky Apricot Pastries
"These tender fruit-filled pastries can be made ahead and frozen," says Ed Patterson of Greenville, Texas.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 4 teaspoons ground pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually add flour and mix well. Divide dough into four pieces. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Spread with preserves; sprinkle with pecans. Roll up tightly, starting with a short side; pinch ends. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, make three slashes across the top of each roll.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over pastries.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 1036 calories, 61g fat (37g saturated fat), 162mg cholesterol, 603mg sodium, 117g carbohydrate (66g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.