Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar and ginger. Stir in orange juice, soy sauce and garlic until blended; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the carrots, broccoli and cauliflower in 3 teaspoons of oil for 4-5 minutes. Add mushrooms, peas and remaining oil; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Stir orange juice mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 382 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 648mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
May 7, 2015
It was too sweet. Def. leave out the 2 tablespoons of sugar and add salt. Even though there was soy sauce it was not salty enough.
Aug 25, 2008
I tried this recipe to use up some orange juice, and it was delicious! Used a different combination of veggies, but I think that's what stir fries are all about. The sauce was SO good, it is going into my permanent recipe collection. Thanks!Mary in Littlestown, PA
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.