Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a large bowl of shallow dish, combine the first six ingredients. Add tuna and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Drain tuna, discarding marinade. Place tuna on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat until fish flakes easily with a fork, 3-5 minutes on each side .
Nutrition Facts1 each: 230 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 27, 2018
i made salmon with this recipe, it was delicious !
Mar 8, 2010
Didn't change any ingredients, but I grilled the tuna steaks instead of broiling them. I served the tuna steaks with the suggested Broccoli Salad and Barley Pilaf with Bacon. We enjoyed the combination of flavors very much.
Jan 9, 2009
I made this with boneless pork loin chops and it is was fantastic.