- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add tuna; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place tuna on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFive-Spice Tuna
"Didn't change any ingredients, but I grilled the tuna steaks instead of broiling them. I served the tuna steaks with the suggested Broccoli salad and Barley Pilaf with Bacon. We enjoyed the combination of flavors very much."
"I made this with boneless pork loin chops and it is was fantastic."