I started out fixing another recipe, but didn't have all the ingredients, so came up with this recipe! The spice gives it a kick with lots of flavor! You can fix this recipe on top the stove or grill! you can make your own 5 spice by combining cloves, cinnamon, anise, and nutmeg!
Recommended: 40 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 smoked bone-in pork chops (7-1/2 ounces each)
- For glaze, place first six ingredients in a small saucepan; bring just to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- In a 12-in. skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add pork chops; cook until bottoms are browned, 4-5 minutes. Turn chops; spoon glaze over top. Cook, uncovered, until chops are glazed and heated through, 3-4 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Five-Spice Glazed Smoked Chops in Simple & Delicious February/March 2018