Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 2 cups chopped fresh cantaloupe
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple, drained
- CINNAMON TORTILLA CHIPS:
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine the cantaloupe, onion, kiwi, orange, peppers and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or
- For chips, brush tortillas with butter; cut into eight wedges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the tortillas. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or just until crisp.
- Just before serving, drain salsa if desired. Stir in strawberries.
- Serve fruit salsa with cinnamon chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 150 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 8, 2016
I LOVE THIS SALSA!! I have been making this for years.
Jul 25, 2014
I do love this recipe but I omit the jalapeno peppers. The tortillas are super easy to prepare start to finish. Been using this salsa as a fresh summer dish since my son was born 16 years ago. Don't be turned off by the peppers and onions. They add something special. A little savory with the sweet.
Jul 5, 2011
I forgot to add in my review last year...I used 1 cup of fresh chopped pineapple. Makes all the difference!
Nov 18, 2010
I have made this recipe many times, and lmmick is right! It is addicting. It can even be eaten with a fork as a side salad. YUM YUM!!
Jul 7, 2010
Made this a few times, is so good, you don't even need the yummy chips. Have given the recipe to several people, beware: it is addicting!!
Feb 11, 2010
wouldn't it be great to find a way to can these so all you have to do is open a jar when you need it?any ideas how?Healthy cooking keep coming!!