Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 cups chopped fresh cantaloupe
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple, drained
- CINNAMON TORTILLA CHIPS:
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine the cantaloupe, onion, kiwi, orange, peppers and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or
- For chips, brush tortillas with butter; cut into eight wedges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the tortillas. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or just until crisp.
- Just before serving, drain salsa if desired. Stir in strawberries.
- Serve fruit salsa with cinnamon chips.
1/2 cup: 150 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 fat.