- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup each milk chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white baking chips and butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forFive-Chip Cookies
"I found this cookie recipe last year at Christmas time and it's been my favorite ever since! I always make the dough the day before I bake them and refrigerate overnight. With my cookie cookie scoop, I get slightly more than 5 dozen from a single recipe. It's no fail! I will say I've not used the "5 chip" version yet - I make the dough exactly as written however for my 'mix-ins', I add one whole bag of peanut butter chips and one whole bag of mini Reece's pieces. Makes THE BEST peanut butter cookie on the planet!"
"My husband is allergic to anything peanut, so we use almond or cashew b utter. I also like to use cinnamon or mint chips instead of peanut butter and butterscotch chips."
"These are the perfect cookie. A little bit of everything to satisfy everyone's sweet tooth. The only change I made was I use dark brown sugar. It has a richer taste. My family loves these."
"Good cookies, but for me it was almost just too much chips. I like one or two distinct flavors, not all at of them at once."
"By far the best cookies ever. I am not a fan of the butterscotch chips so I just leave them out but that is just my personal taste. I call these the ultimate cookies and really if I am going to make cookies I don't even consider making anything but these."
"Simply superb! I sometimes substitute dark chocolate chips for the butterscotch chips. Everyone in my family loves them!"
"I make this recipe every Christmas season for the past several years. It is yummy!"
"Incredible cookies!! They're just everything in one - peanut butter, oats, chocolate.... MMMM. I don't add as much chips because I like them better, you can taste the dough more :) I only add 4 kinds of chips, 2/3 cups each."
"OMgoodness, these are truly out of this world**! My husband grabs 'em while they're still warm out of oven. He's been iknown to eat a half dozen at a time!!"