Five-Cheese Stuffed Shells
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 20 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups cooked chopped spinach
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the next 11 ingredients; spoon into shells.
- Arrange in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour spaghetti sauce over all. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 226 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 849mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Mar 31, 2016
I love this recipe. I have been encouraging meals without meat, at least once a week, and this is one my family enjoys. The shells can be a little fussy, but it's worth the potential hassle. The taste is great!
Jul 18, 2013
My son is a vegetarian and he loves this dish, I have made it multiple time and its a favorite in our family. Only way to get spinach in my sons diet.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.