Five-Cheese Mushroom Ravioli
I bet you won't even miss the meat in these scrumptious portobello ravioli. Actual number of raviolis might change, depending on how much filling you used in each. You can also add any type of cooked meat or sausage to the sauce for a heartier dish.—Karlyn Behnke, Litchfield, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 55 min. + freezing Cook: 10 min./batch
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 4 cups refrigerated Alfredo sauce, warmed
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. In a large bowl, combine the mozzarella, provolone, Romano and ricotta cheeses. Stir in the mushroom mixture.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon mushroom mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper. (Keep wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) With water, moisten all the wonton dough around the mushroom filling. Top with another wonton wrapper; press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and mushroom mixture.
- In a large freezer container, place ravioli in a single layer; separate each layer with waxed paper. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen ravioli: Bring a large saucepan or Dutch oven of water and remaining oil to a boil. Add ravioli in batches. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer; cook for 6-8 minutes or until ravioli are tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Serve with warmed Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and basil.
Nutrition Facts4 ravioli with 1/2 cup sauce: 634 calories, 47g fat (20g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1734mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Easy 5 Cheese and Mushroom Ravioli in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011