- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 bay leaves
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onions, garlic and ginger until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in onion mixture and bacon. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes; stir. Bake, uncovered, 15-30 minutes longer or until heated through. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forFit-For-A-King Baked Beans
"With the variety of ingredients, this was definitely going to be different than other baked bean recipes. It was but the ginger was just too overpowering for our tastes. I did use the optional 1/2 cup of ginger snaps. I also thought the beans were a bit hard, and I had cooked a bit longer than specified time. If you are looking for a baked bean recipe for Thansgiving dinner, this is it."
"The mild salsa sauce made a delightful balance between sweet and spicy-not overpowering and absolutely awesome."