Fish with South Seas Salsa
My husband prepares this recipe during the holidays. The mild, marinated fish and the citrus salsa are a special combination. —Amy Schmuker, Kentwood, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
Makes2 servings (2/3 cup salsa)
- 1/4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup white grape juice plus 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 halibut or tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 small orange, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the wine, oil and garlic; add fish. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fish, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa.