Fish with Florentine Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 pound orange roughy or tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Set rice seasoning packet aside. In a large skillet, saute rice mix in butter. Add the water, spinach and contents of seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Top with the fish fillets.
- Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 352 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 28, 2010
Pretty mild dish, I might add some seasoning to the fish or maybe use a different "rice mix," i.e., Rice-A-Roni flavor. The rice mix was a little smushy, I would try simmering it just a little less before adding the fish. Quick and easy to make, though.