Fish with Florentine Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 pound orange roughy or tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Set rice seasoning packet aside. In a large skillet, saute rice mix in butter. Add the water, spinach and contents of seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Top with the fish fillets.
- Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 352 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Sep 28, 2010
Pretty mild dish, I might add some seasoning to the fish or maybe use a different "rice mix," i.e., Rice-A-Roni flavor. The rice mix was a little smushy, I would try simmering it just a little less before adding the fish. Quick and easy to make, though.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.