A handful of ingredients is all you'll need to prepare Margrit Eagen's speedy skillet supper. "The entire dinner cooks in one pan and eliminates the hassle of breading and frying the fish," reports the Crestwood, Missouri reader.
Recommended: 40 Super Satisfying Dinners for Lent
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 pound orange roughy or tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Set rice seasoning packet aside. In a large skillet, saute rice mix in butter. Add the water, spinach and contents of seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Top with the fish fillets. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fish with Florentine Rice in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p42
Reviews forFish with Florentine Rice
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review