Fish with Cucumber-Orange Relish
“Here’s a great low-fat entree that’s quick and easy,” promises Amy Bauer of Griffith, Indiana. The relish stars tart cucumbers and mandarin oranges over tasty orange roughy. “It’s turned my family of fish haters into fish lovers overnight,” Amy enthuses.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 orange roughy fillets (5 ounces each)
- For relish, in a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. Combine salt and pepper; sprinkle over fillets. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 9-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Use a slotted spoon to serve relish with the fish.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 148 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Fish with Cucumber-Mandarin Orange Relish in Light & Tasty August/September 2005