This recipe is the easy entree to prepare when you want something nutritious and quick for your family. Even people who don't like fish enjoy this satisfying dish. A sour cream sauce complements the mild-flavored fish.—Tiffany Taylor, St. Petersburg, Florida
Recommended: 55+ Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds sole or haddock or grouper
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast bread cubes in butter until golden brown; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add fish, one fillet at a time; shake to coat.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Slowly pour milk over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Spoon sour cream over fillets. Top with the reserved bread cubes. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fish with Cream Sauce in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p9