- 2 cups angel hair coleslaw mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: hot pepper sauce and chopped tomatoes, green onions and jalapeno pepper
- In a small bowl, toss coleslaw mix with oil and lime juice; refrigerate until serving. In another bowl, mash avocado with a fork; stir in sour cream, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle tilapia with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add tilapia; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Serve in tortillas with coleslaw, guacamole and toppings as desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFish Tacos with Guacamole
"This was a nice way to change-up our ho-hum fish dinners at home. The flavors came through nicely, and it was easy to make. I didn't have lime juice on hand, so I substituted for lemon juice, which didn't affect the taste a bit."
"These tacos made a quick and tasty meal. I added chopped green onion to the coleslaw mix instead of using as a garnish. The guacamole was different but very good. Added a little bit of red pepper to the fish. Garnished with chopped tomatoes. Not only was it delicious but it tasted very fresh and felt quite healthy!"