- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound halibut or tilapia fillets
- 2 medium ripe avocados, divided
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil and garlic. Add the halibut; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For sauce and salsa, peel and cube avocados. In a small bowl, mash 1/4 cup avocado. Stir in the remaining sauce ingredients. Place remaining avocado in a small bowl; stir in the remaining salsa ingredients. Refrigerate sauce and salsa until serving.
- Drain fish and discard marinade. Broil halibut 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Place fish on the center of each tortilla. Top each with 1/4 cup cabbage, about 1 tablespoon sauce and 1/4 cup salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFish Tacos with Avocado Sauce
"Hi Tishathomas,According to our test record, the salsa portion of this recipe should yield around 1 3/4's cup. That's plenty to use 1/4 per taco.Hope that helps,Susan StetzelRecipe Support SpecialistTaste of Home Magazine"
"I am thinking through this recipe and planning to try it, since I am a fish tacos aficionado. I am puzzled by the directions that indicate we are to use 1/4 c of salsa on each of the 8 tortillas. Does the recipe, calling for 1 med tomato really make enough for 8 tacos? Maybe we are to use a Tbsp of salsa and 1/4 cup of sauce?"
"Better then in a restaurant! But you need cook fish tasty to make it delicious!."
"These are incredible! I can be pretty picky with fish tacos, most of which miss the mark at restaurants but these are absolutely amazing!"
"Restaurant quality, almost. The salsa and sauce were on point, and I used shredded iceberg lettuce in the stead of cabbage. If you used homemade tortillas the outcome would be much better, too. My family liked it."
"This is a restaurant quality meal. We eat the tacos in baby romaine leaves. Delicious!!"
"When my kids like it, I know it's good!"
"LOVE these tacos! So delicious!!!"
"This recipe was a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!!!!!"