- 2 pounds haddock or cod fillets
- 1 cup finely crushed graham crackers (about 16 squares)
- 3/4 cup finely crushed saltines (about 25 crackers)
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut fish into 1-in. cubes; secure with a toothpick if necessary. Combine cracker crumbs and seasoned salt in a shallow bowl; roll fish in crumb mixture until coated.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry nuggets, a few at a time, for 3 minutes or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forFish Nuggets
"The seven year old doesn't talk, but gobbled the fish and looked for seconds before eating the rest of his dinner. The six year old said "yummy,delitious." The two year old smiled really big when I gave him seconds. My husband (who doesn't like fish) said "well,it's fish, " but he ate it all. Me: I liked it."
"My hubby and teenage son loved this recipe. easy and very tasty"