- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound cod , haddock or orange roughy fillets
- Hot cooked rice
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, wine or broth, olives, parsley and salt. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add fillets. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fish to serving plates; keep warm. Simmer sauce, uncovered, for about 4 minutes or until it reaches desired thickness. Serve fish and sauce with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forFish Italiano
"I actually only made the sauce from this recipe and both my husband and I really liked it. I baked some tuscan chicken sausage, then cut it into slices. I made the sauce as written (using a slightly sweet Riesling), then added in the slices of sausage. I then put this mixture over some angel hair pasta. One small issue I had was that I found the dish to be a bit too salty for my taste, but that was likely due to the fact that the sausage was pre-seasoned. If I do seasoned sausage again, I'll cut back on the salt, but if you're making it with fish, the salt amount is likely correct. I'd definitely make this again."
"My husband and I both really love this dish. The sauce is very rich and filling and the fish provides a wonderful lightness to the dish."
"This recipe was so easy and super tasty. I can't wait to share this recipe with all my favourite chefs."
"wonderful, my 4 yr old even loved it."