Fish Fillets with Citrus-Herb Butter
The stuff in our Test Kitchen combined dried herbs to transform ordinary butter into a tasty topping for your favorite fish fillets. Served with wild rice, this is a simply elegant entree.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup mixed dried herbs of your choice (chives, thyme, basil, dill weed)
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound orange roughy, cod or haddock fillet
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine first eight ingredients; beat until blended. Shape half of the butter mixture into a log; wrap in plastic and freeze. Place remaining mixture in a microwave-safe bowl; heat 1-2 minutes or until melted.
- Place fish fillets in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with melted butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cut butter log into slices; serve with fish.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 510 calories, 46g fat (28g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 832mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Fish Fillets with Citrus-Herb Butter in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001