"The most time-consuming thing about this recipe is chopping the vegetables-and that takes just seconds," notes Annette White of Whittier, California. Broccoli, cauliflower and carrots perk up her seafood entree, which goes from oven to table in less than half an hour.
Recommended: 30 Skinny Dinners in 30 Minutes or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflowerets
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add fish and turn to coat. Sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, saute garlic in oil. Add the next seven ingredients; stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2-3 minutes. Spoon over the fish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 3-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fish and Veggies Primavera in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p42