Fireside Clam Logs
These snacks taste great after a frolic in the snow. What's more, Mrs. Chester Forwood, Merced, Caloifornia, found a way to make them even easier; "After shaping them, I cover and refrigerate them until ready to bake."—Mrs. Chester Forwood, Merced, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 3 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 24 thin slices sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Chill until ready to use.
- Flatten each slice of brad with a rolling pin; spread with 1 tablespoon of clam mixture. Roll up jelly roll style; cut in half. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet; brush with butter.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Fireside Clam Logs in Crafting Traditions January/February 1996