Firecracker Salmon Steaks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, chili sauce, sugar, garlic, parsley and seasonings.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 373 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 1, 2015
Very tasty seasoning, quick and easy and healthy too. Will definitely make again.
Aug 26, 2015
It was okay.
Mar 4, 2013
This recipe is a keeper for real. I loved the flavor combination. Spicy, tangy and sweet.
Aug 1, 2012
I added some maple syrup to make the sauce a bit thicker because I baked it in the oven. 15 min @ 400F. Delicious!
Jun 15, 2010
My husband and father (a fish connoisseur) both agreed this was a keeper!
Jan 24, 2010
One of my favorite salmon dishes!! Wonderful!
Jun 18, 2009
Use 1/2 t ground ginger if you don't have fresh gingerroot.