Firecracker Salmon Steaks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, chili sauce, sugar, garlic, parsley and seasonings.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 373 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Nov 1, 2015
Very tasty seasoning, quick and easy and healthy too. Will definitely make again.
Aug 26, 2015
It was okay.
Mar 4, 2013
This recipe is a keeper for real. I loved the flavor combination. Spicy, tangy and sweet.
Aug 1, 2012
I added some maple syrup to make the sauce a bit thicker because I baked it in the oven. 15 min @ 400F. Delicious!
Jun 15, 2010
My husband and father (a fish connoisseur) both agreed this was a keeper!
Jan 24, 2010
One of my favorite salmon dishes!! Wonderful!
Jun 18, 2009
Use 1/2 t ground ginger if you don't have fresh gingerroot.