- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. If grilling the salmon, coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill salmon, uncovered, over medium heat or boil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing occasionally with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFirecracker Salmon Steaks
"It was okay."
"This recipe is a keeper for real. I loved the flavor combination. Spicy, tangy and sweet."
"I added some maple syrup to make the sauce a bit thicker because I baked it in the oven. 15 min @ 400F. Delicious!"
"My husband and father (a fish connoisseur) both agreed this was a keeper!"
"One of my favorite salmon dishes!! Wonderful!"
"Use 1/2 t ground ginger if you don't have fresh gingerroot."