Fire Truck Cookies Recipe
I created these simple snacks as part of fire safety program at the school. The activities also included a visit from local firefighters and Sparky the Dalmatian, a fire safety mascot.—Rhonda Walsh, Cleveland, Tennessee
- 16 whole graham crackers (4-3/4 inches x 2-1/2 inches)
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- Red paste or liquid food coloring
- 32 chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies
- Black shoestring licorice
- 16 red gumdrops
- 1. With a serrated knife, cut the top left- or right-hand corner off of each graham cracker at a 45° angle. Tint frosting red; frost crackers. Place two sandwich cookies on each for wheels.
- 2. For each truck, cut licorice into two 2-1/2-in. pieces, five 1/2-in. pieces and two 1-1/2-in. pieces. Place the large pieces parallel to each other above wheels, with the small pieces between to form a ladder. Place the medium pieces at cut edge, forming a windshield. Add a gumdrop for light. Yield: 16 cookies.
Reviews for Fire Truck Cookies
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC