This "souped up" dish is my take on a traditional tomato soup. Fire-roasted tomatoes add a bit of heat and you can load it up with cheddar cheese, sour cream and bacon. — Cathy Hall, Lyndhurst, Virginia
Recommended: Top 10 Recipes for Soup
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (one 12 ounces, one 5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, milk and tomatoes; cook over medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. Top servings with sour cream, cheese and bacon bits. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fire-Roasted Tomato Soup in Taste of Home October/November 2012, p65
Reviews forFire-Roasted Tomato Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 24, 2016
"Absolutely love this soup! Will make it over and over! Thank you for the recipe!"
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2012
"My new favorite tomato soup recipe!!! Loved this!"
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2012
"This soup was very blah-tasting."