- 2 pounds plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- Toss the tomatoes with 2 tablespoons oil, garlic and salt. Place cut side down in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Chop when cool enough to handle.
- Cook ziti according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 4 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage in remaining oil until no longer pink. Add pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and heat through.
- Drain ziti mixture; toss with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
1-1/2 cups: 477 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 1122mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.