Finger-Licking Good Mini Cream Puffs
This recipe is quick and easy to whip up and the kids will love it! They are perfect to pack for a picnic or to have as a snack for family game night I guarantee you can't eat just one…hey are so addicting & they're perfect for satisfying any sweet tooth! —Jennifer Erwin, Reynoldsburg, Ohio
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- VANILLA FILLING:
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, bring water and butter to a rolling boil over medium heat. Add flour and salt all at once; beat until blended. Cook, stirring vigorously, until a film forms at the bottom of the pan, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until smooth. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop dough by 1-in. balls 1-1/2 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until puffed, very firm and golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. Meanwhile, whisk together pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes or until thickened; let stand 5 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Cut puffs in half. Fill cream puffs with vanilla filling; replace tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar; serve immediately.
1 filled cream puff: 52 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC