Fillets with Ginger Sauce
This is a modification of a recipe I found in an old cookbook. It's quick, easy and delicious.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 flounder or sole fillet (about 8 ounces)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- Thinly sliced green onion, optional
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and butter until butter is melted. Fry fish over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Add garlic and ginger to skillet; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the sugar, vinegar and soy sauce. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over fish. Sprinkle with chives and onion if desired.