Filets with Mushroom Sauce
I serve this dish to company because it's simple to make, but looks as if I spent hours in the kitchen.—Carolyn Brinkmeyer, Aurora, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, water, basil, bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef.