Filets with Mushroom & Brandy Cream Sauce Recipe
This silky sauce, brimming with a quartet of mushrooms and flavored with a splash of brandy, will turn any steak into a special treat. —Tina Eliopoulos, Tucson, Arizona
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 3/4 cup fresh oyster mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and shallot in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Add brandy; cook over medium heat until liquid is evaporated.
- 2. Add broth and cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in salt.
- 3. Meanwhile, grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings (2 cups cream sauce).
1 steak with 1/2 cup cream sauce: 496 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 426mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Filets with Mushroom & Brandy Cream Sauce
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC