Filet Mignon with Garlic Cheese Butter
Cooking is something I've enjoyed since I was a girl. I'm always looking for new and exciting recipes to make. My dream is to start up a catering service.
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bacon strips
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off of garlic bulb. Brush with oil. Sprinkle with thyme. Wrap the bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a food processor. Add butter; process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a small bowl. Stir in cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Rub both sides of steaks with pepper. Wrap a bacon strip around each steak; secure with a toothpick. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer reads 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting with butter mixture. Serve with any remaining butter mixture.